Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 is one of the popular router models used for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. It helps you to get complete access to the internet world without difficulties and at top speeds.
The setup process is completely discussed in the user manual, but it seems a bit tricky. Unless you set up the router correctly, you are not allowed to get the advantages of both the features of the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router. Thus, follow this article to know the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 router setup process in detail.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Router Setup Process
The process is not so complicated as it seems to be. So, you can check out the below-mentioned steps to learn the process.
Attach the Antennas
- First, you need to unbox the router and attach the antennas on the threaded antenna posts.
- Make sure that the antennas are connected accurately.
Install the DSL Microfilter
- Connect the modem router to a DSL service either ADSL or VDSL.
- Locate the DSL port on the modem router and connect the DSL microfilter to it.
- Use the phone cable to set up the connection.
Check the DSL LED
- The Power LED will display a white light within a few seconds.
- If the WiFi LED doesn’t light white, then press the Power On/Off button.
- Make sure that the DSL LED also displays a white light.
Connect the Computer
- Use a USB cable to connect the router to your computer. Or else, you can connect the devices using the WiFi facility.
- Use the pre-assigned WiFi network for connecting your router with a wireless network.
- If you are unaware of the network name and password, then look for them on the label of the modem router.
Connect to the Internet
- Open a web browser and enter ‘www.routerlogin.net’ in the address bar.
- As you are on the login window, enter ‘admin’ as the username and ‘password’ as the password.
- The Netgear Installation Assistant determines the network connection you are using.
- The Internet LED light turns white if the router successfully connects to the internet.
Note: If you have changed the login credentials, then enter the new ones.
Connect Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Router to The Router Mode
If you are looking for how to connect your router to the Router mode, then you need to do what we have discussed below:
- Make sure that you have an existing gateway, router, and computer.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the LAN port of the gateway and the other end to the WAN port on your Netgear router.
- Use a USB cable or connect your router wirelessly to your computer.
- Check whether the computer can recognize the router or not.
- Launch a web browser and enter ‘http://www.routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://www.routerlogin.com’ or ‘http://192.168.1.1’ in the URL bar.
- Your computer will display the login page where you need to enter ‘username’ as admin and ‘password’ as the password.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and click ‘Advanced Setup.’
- Choose ‘Router/ AP / Bridge / Repeating Mode’ and select ‘Router Mode’ from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the ‘Apply’ button so that the router can reboot and enter the Router mode.
- Now your device will have a new IP address from the router with a default gateway of 192.168.1.1.
It was all about how to setup Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 modem router. If you have any confusion, then don’t forget to mention it in the comment section.